Smiths Grove City Hall
146 South Main Street, P.O. Box 114, Smiths Grove, KY 42171
Phone 270-563-4014, Fax 270-563-9314
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Smiths Grove, KY is a fifth class city located in Northeastern Warren County.
Smiths Grove’s form of government is a City Commission.
Under a City Commission form of government the Mayor and four Commissioners
govern based on a majority of votes on any given subject. The Mayor and
Commissioners hold all the executive, administrative and legislative authority
of the city, i.e. the executive and legislative branches of government are the
city commission. In the commission form of government the city commission
is required by law to separate all the administrative and service functions of t
he government into departments. Below each city
commissioners department is shown.
The Mayor is a full functioning member of the legislative body with only
limited responsibilities and authorities as mayor which are:
· Preside at meetings of the legislative body.
· Call special meetings of the legislative body.
· Execute all bonds, notes and written obligations of the city.
· Appoint individuals to boards and commissions.
· Act as ceremonial head of the city government and is recognized as the
head of the city government by the Governor for purposes of military law.